Sunday, September 25, 2005

It's 4:22 AM as I log on. But I wanted to post a quick message because today was DEFINITELY one of the most fun, most complete weekend days I have had in a long time. It was just stupendous, and it was due in part to a lot of people.

It started early, about 7:30 AM. Me, K-Rock, Gate, and Dolph got together and went to the local grocery outlet for $300 in bagels and liquor. We had a little get-together for the Hawkeye game, the result of which was the only brutal part of the day. In any event, it was a great time. We were joined by TheDad and most of the regulars as well as the ever-popular Mary and Kara...which is looking like a consistent recipe for success.

After the game, I attended Carmen for Opening Night at the Chicago Lyric Opera, which was just fantastic. Denyce Graves, who has a beautiful voice, did a tremendous job as Carmen and graced us with her presence at a midnight dinner afterward at the Gala Ball, which was a phenomenal event. Great food, a great job by the staff at the downtown Hilton, great band, and priceless people-watching. Big ups go to TheDad for putting together such a fun evening. Truly memorable.

Things wrapped up by a late-night beer pong grudge match at Gate's house, where he and I took two of three from GRide and K-Rock.

For all that were there, thank you for coming out. Thank you to the lovely Sarah and Gate for cleaning my place top to bottom while I was out rubbing elbows with the opera lovers of Chicago. I am already looking forward to seeing you all in IC next weekend for the Homecoming festivities and the Kick-Off Celebration Party on Friday night, commemorating one year until the Big Day.

I started distributing copies of the summer compilation today, email me if you want to get your dirty mitts on a copy.

Have a great end to the weekend. Go Bears.

...and as usual, if you can, please help people that are having a far worse weekend than you are because of the recent damage of Rita and the ongoing saga of Katrina. You can go here to lend a hand. Believe me, it will be appreciated.

See you soon.

No comments: