Monday, September 26, 2005

Hello world. It's a cloudy, rainy Monday, and the train was especially crowded today. Not the way I like to get things kicked off, but I have a feeling this week is going to by by very fast, with the crew getting ready for the trip westward for Homecoming festivities this weekend. I have to get a deal closed before I can leave, so I may be living at the office this week.

There was quite a lot of new TV last night for you, with the premieres of the West Wing (with the Democratic ticket of Matt Santos and Leo McGarry clashing over campaign strategy and Donna Moss getting rejected by Josh Lyman for a job on the campaign after she shredded Santos while working for Bob Russell), Desperate Housewives (where we found out that Mike is the father of Zach, and the new neighbors are apparently keeping a gimp chained up in their basement), and new Simpsons and Family Guy episodes (hilarious as usual, except the Family Guy took a shot at Will Ferrell for making Bewitched, which I didn't see but heard was pretty average but funny at times).

I caught the West Wing, and parts of the rest of them...the writing on Desperate Housewives leaves a lot to be desired, but it's entertaining enough to cover up for that. The West Wing, I'm sad to say, never recovered from Aaron Sorkin leaving the show. The cast shake-ups have been pretty questionable since then (I never thought I would say that Rob Lowe contributed a lot to an ensemble cast, but his character going off the map didn't help things) and now the show is a shell of what it used to be. Back in the day (Bartlett's first term, re-election, etc...) that show had the quickest, sharpest dialogue, funny moments, smart enough not to bore you but not over your head or pretentious...it was definitely my favorite show. Now, most of the characters I like are either gone or completely different than they used to be, and they are banking on Jimmy Smits and Alan Alda to carry the show. Could be trouble.

Bad weekend for violence in the mideast, with a Chinook helicopter downed in Afghanistan, more suicide bombs in Iraq, and Israeli missiles in Gaza. I feel tired of seeing these stories every single Monday morning. When I'm president, things will be different.

Song stuck in my head today- Fallen For You, by Sheila Nicholls, off of the High Fidelity soundtrack. Nice song. Not sure why I have it stuck in my head today, but check it out if you like british folky ballad-type stuff. Pretty sappy, but good.

And I hoped the day could be
When you'd write a song for me
But it never came
I thank you all the same
But I'll go now
so you won't know how much I've
Fallen for
You
Check out my pal Screwsan's blog, who earned her nickname for her ability to manipulate men to her own selfish ends with her various talents. She and I go way back, all the way to high school, when we dated and I had to broom her for her misbehavior. Anyway, she's a great writer, a funny person, and we've been tight for 10 years now. The regulars will all see her this weekend, which we're looking forward to.
Finally, I am getting email indicating there is some increased readership here at the Offering. Remember, it's your blog too. Please feel free to comment by going to www.blogger.com and getting a username (you do NOT have to have a blog to comment, just complete step 1 of the registration process). Then you can click on the pencil below any post and weigh in. Very easy and painless, I promise. If you prefer to have me publish commentary for you or you would like to see a certain topic covered, please feel free to email me. If it is interesting or lewd, I will certainly post it.
Have a great day. I will hopefully be back with more later today or tonight. Let me hear ya.
T

3 comments:

shane said...

yo tim,

just making sure you're gonna bring me one of those hott cds this weekend.

s

Unknown said...

I'll do that. In return, I ask that you compose an interpretive dance to perform to the cd, at the tailgate or alternatively in the ped mall friday night.

Who Mike Jones?

shane said...

will do. anything for you my friend, tim

wibblewobbleyaytimmy


s