Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Good morning. I am feeling talkative this week...I think yesterday's post was the longest in the brief history of the Public Offering, but I am back for more today. Since we've covered sports in detail over the last few posts, let's go another direction.

Yesterday I walked from the office over to N. Michigan Ave. because a monkey suit is required for me to attend this event in two weeks. I'm looking forward to it, although it may conflict with my plans to celebrate Iowa's victory over Ohio State.

Anyway, I bought the monkey suit (in case you are wondering, a subtle satin finish with three buttons, and I went old school with the wing-collared shirt and bow tie. No fratastic straight ties for me. If I am going to party with old people, I have to look the part.) and walked back past the Trib Tower across the bridge, and down Wacker toward my dinner destination, Carmichael's on Monroe.

The monkey suit is not the point of the post. The point is, that area of downtown on the river, right when the sun is going down and all the buildings are red and orange (Trib Tower, Wrigley Building, Renaissance Hotel, Hotel 71, etc) may be my favorite place/time of day in Chicago. I haven't done that walk in a while and it's nice to sometimes remember that we live in scenic city with a lot of fantastic architecture around the river. Obviously, the lakefront is great as well, and you know Wrigley will always be my favorite place to waste an afternoon, but as for a perfect time to walk around a discreet neighborhood, I like the riverfront near Michigan at dusk.

What are your favorite places to walk around Chicago, and what time do you like be there?

Here is my daily calender of my best places to be and walk around-

7:00 AM- Golf course on Lakeshore Drive

9:00- North Beach

1:20- Wrigley Field

6:30- North riverfront, Michigan Avenue

9:00- Grant Park (for the movies)

12:00 Midnight- Signature Lounge on top of the John Hancock

Chime in. Remember you do not need anything except a username to post a comment. Go here, start a profile, pick a username and password, and then click on the pencil below the post. Make your comment, log in, and presto- you've been published on the internet. No suggestive or lewd posts here though, please send those directly to me. If they are classy, I will post them myself.

T

No comments: