Friday, October 21, 2005

Westward Bound

Hi world, TGIF. It's the end of the week and I am getting geared up to hit the road to join the fracas surrounding Black-Out Saturday in IC as a fired-up Iowa Hawkeye squad takes on Michigan. This game has extra importance to our program as well because we have three of our biggest recruits in town to see how we play against a big opponent. Let's hope we impress them and shore up our linebacking for the next several years.

Chicago is also bursting at the seams this weekend in anticipation of the first two games of the World Series taking place at the Cell on Saturday and Sunday. We're wearing jeans and Sox shirts at work today, a rare departure from our business casual policy, and folks all over town are getting swept up in World Series fever. I have gotten over my cross-town bias and am firmly rooting for the Sox, despite my rule to always root for the NL in the playoffs and World Series (except in the case of the Cardinals). I like the Astros marginally more than St. Louis, but I have to root for the hometown team. Chicago desperately needs a new champion (although we had the Bulls in the 90's, this town is a football/baseball town first and we haven't had a champion in those sports since the immortal 1985 Bears) and the Sox deserve this one. They played great baseball for most of the year, did the little things, and relied on solid pitching to carry them this far. I hope they win it all, and I predict they will, in 6 games.

It's a beautiful day in Chicago, and I am looking forward to getting on the road. Have a great weekend and go Sox!

If you want to read some funny stuff about hijinks and adventures of an American in London, check out Hansel's blog. He's a good writer and is doing his best to make trouble in the UK for a year. Hansel. So hot right now.

I'll be back on Sunday with some better content as well as some previews of the upcoming Halloween celebrations. It looks to be quite a festive holiday. Stay safe everybody.

T

1 comment:

The Count Del Monte said...

Thanks for the kind nod, man. Hope your heart is still intact after Saturday. I think Kano from Mortal Kombat is running around somewhere in his Michigan tunic with my blood pumper dripping in his hand.