Thursday, October 27, 2005

All Hallow's Eve

Hello world. What a long and brutal week it's been. I dropped the ball at work a little bit and that always makes life hard. People take their jobs personally where I work and even though I don't live and breathe just for this job, it's tough to disappoint colleagues. I haven't really had a lot of jobs that I cared about, and that's kind of a nice freedom, but it also kind of makes you feel like you're wasting your time. I'm glad that I do something now that I want to be good at. But that's enough about that. It's been a rainy week leading up to Halloween weekend and I'm really glad it's almost here. I really like Halloween, and what guy doesn't? It's a chance for all guys to go to parties and dress up as the funniest/most attention-seeking thing possible, while all the girls go for the skanky outfits that they are afraid to wear any other day. What could be better?

This year I'm going to be a ninja, but in recent year's I've been a rodeo clown, Marc Antony (when TheGirl was Cleopatra), a knight, Aristotle, a guardian angel, a ghostbuster, Peter Pan, and a cow. What are your best costumes?

There will be no Justice Miers any more. She withdrew today, likely at the urging of the White House, and that is yet another blow for an administration that will likely see some indictments from the Valarie Plame investigation in the very near future. Not a good week at work for those guys either.

But the biggest news of the week for us Chicagoans is the White Sox sweeping the Astros for a World Series title. I couldn't sleep last night because my street was so loud...honking horns, blaring music, people in the street making noise...this city really needed a champion and they finally have one. I'm happy for the players and for Ozzie...they seem to be a tight-knit group that plays hard and makes sure they do the little things. They deserve this title and while it's not the Cubs, I'm happy the title is in Chicago. Next year, the Cubs get a trophy to match.

Tomorrow is Friday and I've already booked up the entire weekend. If you want to join up for happy hour drinks, email me at my personal account if you don't know where we'll be. If not, I hope to see you out on Saturday night in your costume. When you detect the smell of booze and then find yourself surrounded by a stealthy, deadly clan of ninjas in Wrigleyville, that's when you've found the crew from the Offering. I'll try to be back tomorrow with more, but if not, have a great Halloween. Boo.

Tim

No comments: