Friday, January 06, 2006

Welcome New Visitors

TGIF everyone. I'd like to give a quick shout out to the astonishing number of new visitors to the Offering that we have gotten in recent weeks. I'm sure that word of mouth combined with my saavy prose, quick wit, and sharp insight on all manner of sports and political issues is the best explanation for the surge in Offering attendance lately, but I do admit that there may be another reason: my Jenn Sterger post. For those that came here after Googling that FSU vixen, I hope you enjoyed the links, and if you are aware of any more, feel free to drop me a line and I'll add them to the post as well as give you props.

It's Friday and the weekend is upon us. We'll be keeping a close eye on the state of Prime Minister Ariel Sharon (and ignoring what the morons say about his stroke) as well as the big wild-card matchups in the NFL, which will determine who gets to be Bear food next Sunday against the beloved.

A few more Friday odds and ends, just for fun:

Memo to Kate Moss: The world already thinks you're a vapid, coked-out freak show. Don't make it worse.

Memo to Taiwan: If you don't want the pandas, we'll take them. They're furry and cute.

Memo to my fellow Chicagoans: We did it! Unlike the White Sox World Series Championship, being the Fattest City in America is something that we can actually be proud of. It shows that we're not afraid to live the good life. I'm going to do my best to help us repeat in 2006.

Memo to the GOP: Watch your back. This election year could a fascinating one.

Have a great weekend.

No comments: