Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The cat is out of the bag. I am getting married to TheGirl, and the ring looks a little bit like this-



Of course, the one I gave her was much classier and came with the customary "Can I buy you a a fish sandwich?" We got engaged last Sunday, with an informal ring presentation at my palatial 1-BR mansion, a bottle of champagne, and then a round of golf. TheGirl took it well, and she's definitely earned the celebration.

Also, to celebrate, I bought myself a new club. I plan to use it this weekend when I head to Whistling Straits to kick TheDad's ass in a 72-hole match-play showdown.

As far as the wedding goes, we are thinking early fall next year, likely September or October, somewhere out west. TheGirl's parents (the InLaws), live north of Vegas in Utah, and there are a variety of fun venues out there that we will investigate. There will be golf, vegas, gambling, and other fun activities likely involved.

a Labor Day note- who is going to attend the Iowa Hawkeye's inaugural game for the 2005 campaign? I hope to go to Iowa City from Chicago sometime Friday, September 2nd. Also, I need tickets to the game. Anyone want to help out a fan in need?

No comments: