Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A Few Quickies for Hump Day

Hello world. The week is flying by, as usual. A few quickies for you on this lovely Wednesday:

1) Death Cab covered Freety Johnston's Bad Reputation a while back. It's a good tune, you can download it here. [Insert standard disclaimer about downloading music in this space]

2) As a corollary, check out the Sofa King's recommendation on good tools for music posted on blogs. The blogosphere has quite a lot of good music out there.

3) Finally, I'm going to see some music tonight myself. I'll be checking out the Fray, who is managed by a good friend of mine JDI.

4) Bird flu is rearing its ugly head once again. I'm not worried. I hardly ever eat raw birds.

5) This labor dispute in the NFL is starting to grate on me. As I understand it, the stalemate is over revenue sharing with players; the union is at 60% and the owners are at 56.2%. Split the difference and let's move on.

6) I love IMDB. And I love this guy's IMDB picture even more. But most of all, I love this movie. It stars Mike Norris (Chuck's son), Chad McQueen (Steve's son), and Don Swayze (Swazyehorse's brother). And it's called Death Ring. The joke pretty much writes itself.
(via daily links)

7) Wow, Takanami in Iowa City is good. I had some Kobe steak there last weekend, along with about a dozen other things. And speaking of Iowa City, here's a fun article about a good way to spend the weekend there from the NY Times travel people.

That's all for now. Hope your week is just spectacular.

T

No comments: