Thursday, December 29, 2005

Vacation is not always vacation

Hi world. Hope your holiday weekend was great.
I'm back in the Windy City after spending a couple of days in Iowa seeing the family. My sister's birthday party on Friday night was good times...a round or two or Drink Until You Boot to get things started, and we powered through until the wee hours of the morning.

Santa was kind to me this year, which I expected because I've been very good. I got many clothes, some new luggage, other miscellaneous items, and the crown jewel was an all-expenses paid trip to Dave Pelz short-game school at Cog Hill next May. I'm very excited. My short game and putting sometimes torpedos great rounds for me, as I am already long and strong with the woods and the irons. What I need is some touch around the greens and be able to knock it stiff when I'm in a tight lie or in the sand. I hope to make a lot of strides next season.

This week has been good, I'm slowly recharging after over a year with no significant vacation. I'm working from home each day, and it's nice, but I'm still pretty much accountable for work when I get up each morning, so it's not a true vacation. I guess that will have to wait until March, when the Bachelor Party to end all Bachelor Parties takes place in a foreign locale.

NYE plans are locked down. We are rolling very deep for the party at Pint, and coupled with a hangover brunch hosted by yours truly and the Hawk game Monday, it should be quite a bender. Hopefully some of my siblings will be joining us, we'll have to see.

That's all for now, time to get back to work. Enjoy what's left of the holiday season.

1 comment:

Screwsan said...

Speaking of the impending bachelor party in foreign Euro lands, a viewing of the new Eli Roth bloodbath/movie, "The Hostel" may be in order before you go. Sure, they look harmless, blond, and Eastern European, but what happens when they lure you to an underground chamber and start in with the meat cleavers and chainsaws? What then!?!?